- Overthinking won’t help the situation.
I can calm my hectic brain by coloring, journaling, cleaning, etc. But I always let overthinking get the best of me.
- Always take your PTO as much as possible.
Take it and use it for something fun. Unfortunately, dentist appointments and car problems often end up being the reasons I take off instead of fun.
- Don’t try to drink as much as you did in college.
The hangovers are real and I am often reminded how little I actually like drinking. You don’t have to keep up with people or get drunk just to have fun.
- It’s okay to just do nothing.
Not every day has to be the most exciting day of your life, no matter how much fomo you feel from seeing others doing fun things on social media.
- It’s okay to be alone.
It’s okay to do things alone, to be single, to need alone time.
- Accept help from others.
I know you want to, but you just can’t do it all on your own.
- Meditation or some form of de-stressing works.
If you know what works for you, then do it. Don’t put things off or completely shut down from stress if you can avoid it.
- Helping others can help yourself.
Sometimes you just get too wrapped up in yourself, helping others may help to clear your head.
- There’s always something to be grateful for.
Even when it doesn’t seem like it, you can be grateful that you just made it to work that day or you have a job or that you’re breathing.
- Don’t put too much pressure on yourself.
You are not the only person who doesn’t have life figured out, no one has life figured out. Don’t be so hard on yourself.