I took advantage of the three day Labor Day Weekend by visiting Vermont. I had a feeling Vermont would be one of my favorite states and it did not disappoint. It reminded me a lot of Portland, Maine – but better.
Things we did:
- Hiked Elmore State Park – a little tough, but a decent hike for beginners. I took a lot of breaks going up because I suck at steep hikes.
- Saw the World’s Tallest Filing Cabinet – and it was awesome.
- Ben and Jerry’s Factory Tour – ice cream, need I say more?
- Hiked Mount Philo – an easy and scenic loop!
Places we ate:
- Penny Cluse – prepare for a long wait, but good breakfast!
- Chubby Muffin – we stopped here for some takeaway breakfast before a hike and loved it.
- Red Onion – tasty sandwiches for lunch!
- Our House – omg sooo many mac n cheese options
- Sweet Waters – one of the better places that didn’t have a long wait!
We stayed at an Airbnb in Burlington and college was back in session so it was a little busy, but never really too chaotic. Everyone is very eco-friendly and the scenery was just amazing. Mountains are everywhere and we were lucky to be staying close to Lake Champlain where we watched the sunset. This was one of my favorite weekend trips and I would be so happy to take another trip to Vermont!