Wow, I love Salem, Massachusetts. I don’t know why it’s never made it onto my fall bucket lists before, but this place just oozes all things spooky. I don’t know what I believe when it comes to magic. I’ve never had tarot cards read or met with a medium, mostly because I’m not sure it’s something I want to mess with.
What we did:
- Followed the Salem Heritage Trail – the Heritage trail takes you to basically every historic destination in the town and is a very short amount of walking.
- Stopped in a lot of shops – I bought some spell candles from Omen
- Toured the Witch House
- Walked by the Bewitched Statue
- Stopped by the Friendship of Salem
Where we ate:
- Coffee at the Brew House
- Lunch at Finz (YUM – I love seafood)
There are so many cool witchcraft shops around Salem, as well as a lot of quirky shops like ones that sell movie set props, a Christmas shop in a town full of Halloween stuff, and some cool secondhand stores.
The shopping is awesome and so is the seafood. It’s a shame that a lot of what’s in Salem isn’t original anymore, most of the historical stuff is recreated except for the Witch House, which has direct ties to the Salem Witch Trials. Salem is so famous for the trials and witchcraft, but in the grand scheme of witch trials it’s such a small blip compared to other countries.
While we did a lot in one day, there are a lot of museums I would like to go back and go through and maybe even get my tarot cards read next time! Have you ever been to Salem, MA?