I am trying to do vegan Mondays, for my health and to introduce a meatless day into my routine. I am already a pescatarian, but I would like to be more vegetarian than pesacatarian and even more vegan than vegetarian. But baby steps!
My biggest tip is to try a recipe you already love and work to make it meatless! If you’re looking for some other ways to cut meat and dairy out of your diet, check out these snack and meal ideas.
- Pretzels and hummus
- Almonds/cashews/any kind of nuts
- Rice cakes
- A green smoothie! Your favorite frozen fruit, spinach, and protein powder will fill you up and give you the nutrients you need.
- overnight oats (made with your favorite plant-based milk)
- dark chocolate
- Baked portobello mushrooms
- Chickpea pasta (I like Banza) and red sauce
- Salad – Any salad can be vegan. I especially like to make a chickpea salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, red onion, olives, and a squeeze of lemon
- A bean burger (I like Morningstar’s Spicy Black Bean Burgers) and sweet potato fries
- Mexican rice bowls. I usually eat them with rice, pinto beans, lettuce, avocado, red onion, salsa, and jalapenos!
- Tempeh BLT – I cook my tempeh with paprika and garlic and make a sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and avocado!
- Soup! Veggie soup or minestrone are easy to make and filling.
- Crockpot chilli
Make sure to double check the ingredients list of the brands you buy, some of the suggestions above might not always be vegan depending on the brand!
Do you have any favorite vegan recipes? Link them below!