Well we all know by know that we’re in a pandemic. We can’t go anywhere, there’s not much to do, and if you do something (even if it’s safe or to stimulate the economy or an approved activity) you’ll probably still be chastised for it.
I’ve seen a lot of people on my social media timelines going out of state to crowded places, booking trips, talking about the influencers who went to Dubai. And while I won’t quite be doing any of that any time soon, I do need a desperate change in scenery.
So it’s staycation time. I’m lucky enough to not be doing my staycation in my house this time around, if I spent anymore time in my house I think I’d explode. My parents have a house at the Jersey Shore and we were able to take a three day weekend there with the pup in two and it was just what I needed.
A view of the ocean, a different place to sleep, a COVID-friendly trip to a winery. Even though the snow cut our trip a little short, it was still just what we needed. Whether you’re staycationing at home or near home, here are some things you can try.
- Visit a COVID-friendly outdoor space like a zoo, park, beach, or winery.
- Create your own spa with face masks, painting your nails, and a little meditation.
- Do the thing you’ve been meaning to do – watch that movie, read that book, finish that project.
- Make a new meal together.
- Take lots of walks and enjoy the fresh air.
- Sleep in for once.