Looking to learn a little more about me? Check out the best of my blog posts that go into detail about myself! If you like what you read, leave a little love on the my posts from the past! 🙂
Thank you all for asking me amazing questions and celebrating my 2,000 WordPress followers with me. Below are the answers to your questions! 🙂
1. Has your blog followed the path that you wanted it to take or has the content you published changed? What’s been the biggest influence of that change?
So my blog has definitely taken the path I wanted it to take, but the content has really changed. It started out as a relationship blog called Hookup Culture, but as I evolved and grew (this blog is three years old as of the end of October) I changed it to Rosie Culture and made it more personal. The biggest influence of that change was graduating college and then ultimately leaving behind the single life and entering the relationship I’m currently in.
2. What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve done?
I really love the series I did on being better off without my exes. You can start here and go backwards.
3. Least favorite?
Anything I wrote when I was first starting out lol. I really had to dig deep for this one, a very dry post about Tinder.
4. What sort of influence does your blog have on your real life (or vice versa)?
When I was in college, it was almost kind of a negative impact because boys would ask me if I was writing about them and it just created like this weird vibe when I was dating people. Now, it has been super helpful to me mostly because of the advice I’m offered and I have an avenue that I’m not judged on.
5. What do you like most about the U.K?
While it’s on my list of places to go, I’ve never been to the UK! I have to say my favorite thing that I know about the country though is the awesome accents and slang! 🙂
6. How long have you been blogging, and what are some of your favorites to follow?
At the end of this month, it will be three years! Here are some blogs that I really love 🙂
7. A question for my boyfriend: Do you read Rosie’s blog? Is it helpful to your relationship to read her insights or do you feel awkward knowing certain posts are about you that random bloggers are reading?
I do read Rosie’s blog! I check it almost every day, and I actually read it occasionally when it crossed my path in college, back in the Hookup Culture days.
I think it’s super helpful to read it. Sometimes it’s a little weird to know things are about me and strangers are reading them, but I’m comfortable enough with myself and with us that it doesn’t make me uncomfortable. I think that in relationships, the most important things are honesty and communication. And it’s not always easy to be honest about the tough things, or figure out a way to express how you’re feeling. The blog really helps me understand where Rosie’s head is at on things – how she’s feeling, what she’s feeling, what works, what doesn’t – and it even gives me insight into how things have made her feel previously. Our relationship is successful partly because of this blog and the WordPress community because both provide her with an outlet to clear her head and get her thoughts out there. Plus, she literally puts checklists of what she wants to do each season up, which is like handing me date ideas on a silver platter.
8. How do you balance blogging, work, social calendar and the other things life throws your way?
I think it’s a little easier for me because social media and writing come very naturally to me. Usually I write my blog posts during my lunch break or while I’m walking on the treadmill then schedule them. I also have a content calendar for my Instagram. I just kind of consider it a second job that always needs my attention!
9. What makes you more excited on your own blog?
Sometimes I ramble when I write, so I get pretty excited when people leave comments and actually understand what I’m saying lol.
10. What makes your readers get connected to your blog?
I don’t really know. I know my break up and dating posts help a lot of people because it’s not something widely talked about and I always try to be as honest as possible.
11. Have you ever regretted a post that you’ve written?
No, but I do feel bad about how hard I was on some people I wrote about.
12. Do you ever struggle with how much of your life you want to share on your blog? Are there any topics/issues that are off limits?
I do struggle sometimes with how much I feel like I can really put out there because of my professional life. I limit my cursing and anything inappropriate. One thing I almost never talk about anywhere is politics.
Thanks everyone for reading! xoxo
I’m so excited to announce that after many months of being on my list of goals, I finally reached 2,000 followers here on WordPress!
I don’t think I thank this community enough for being such an amazing platform that offers me different points of view, advice, and even agrees with me when I’m not sure if what I’m saying is agreeable. Thank you all so much.
To all my new and old followers, I’d love to do a little Q&A for you to get to know me better. You can always check out my about me or this old Q&A I did a while ago. But I want to give everyone the opportunity to ask any questions that might pop up when they’re reading my blog.
Please drop a question below and I will write a post in the next week with all of my answers ☺️
You asked, I answered!
- What made you start writing a blog?
When I was a senior in college I was Concentrating in New Media, I started the blog for a class project without a clue of how much it would end up snowballing into this huge part of my life.
- What makes you? What is perfection in this imperfect world? Are you pursuing your dream? Analytical or follower? Producer or consumer?
I am driven by passion and learning. Perfection to me is simply happiness, whatever that may be for you. I’m not sure what my dreams are at the moment, but I feel I’m on the right path. I question everything and I believe I am a producer.
- What is something about yourself that not many people know? What is your secret passion?
I think most people kind of assuming I’m outgoing, but I’m extremely introverted and like being alone. I’m too passionate about my passions to keep them a secret 🙂
- What motivates you to get out of the bed in the morning and tackle the day?
Mostly the thought of eating good food.
- What do you do to make yourself feel better when you’re having a bad day?
I complain A LOT, it’s annoying to others but helps me haha
- Favourite Book? Favourite Film? Favourite TV Show?
Currently: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Edward Scissorhands, and Scrubs
- What is one thing you could not live without?
Cheese because omg it’s so good
- Who is your favorite author? Why?
Probably Ellen Hopkins, I enjoy her writing style.
- If you were stranded on some uninhabited island, what would you do? If you can ask for 5 things to have with you on there, what would they be?
I would probably sleep a lot haha I would bring my phone, food, water, a buddy, and a book.
- Ever read “Me Before You?” What are your thought about dignitas? Would you do the same?
I have! I completely respect and understand the decision and would do the same.
- What is your biggest fear?
Ugh sharks and spiders.
- What’s your worst online dating story?
One time I got ghosted which sucked. Another time I actually had to reject someone who thought the date went extremely well and that was hard and awkward for me – the whole date was so uncomfortable.
- Approximately how many other blogs do you read a day?
I skim through a lot, but I read in depth maybe 5 a day.
- Which social platform did the majority of your followers come from; WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram?
Definitely WordPress then Facebook.
- How did you get your job in social media?
I went to school for Advertising, Journalism, and New Media. I’ve loved social media my whole life so working in a communications department was a perfect fit for me. I started at a very small non profit after graduation and now I am at a much bigger one.
- How much do you work with Facebook Ads etc.?
I don’t work with them but I am actually looking into it for 2017.
- Do you know anyone who subsequently married after meeting them on a dating website?
I don’t! I do know about 3 couples who met via Tinder/Bumble and they have been dating for months so it is possible 🙂
Thank you for all your questions – hope you all enjoyed learning a little more about me 🙂
While I’m not quite sure anyone wants to know anything about me, I thought I’d give this post a shot anyway because I’m busy today and also have a bit of writer’s block.
On Monday, I want to compile a Q&A with your questions for me. You could read my about me and learn some stuff, but there is always more to know!
You can ask me my favorite color or where I went to school or how old I am or what my favorite food is. Or you can get deeper and ask me about my worst relationship or how to use online dating apps.
So, ask away! While I reserve the right to choose what I would like to answer and what I wouldn’t, I will try to answer everyone’s questions as openly and honestly as possible 🙂
Thanks everyone, have a great weekend!
Thank you soon much to BigandPinkyToes for nominating me for this award 🙂 Please check her out, she is a great blogger and amazing supporter here on WordPress!! 🙂
7 Facts About Me:
- My real name is Roisin (whaaaaa?) It’s pronounced Ro-sheen
- It’s Irish and no one ever pronounces it right
- My favorite colors are pink and black
- I recently started a new job that I’m loving 🙂
- I’m in a serious relationship with quesadillas
- I’m a tea person, not a coffee person
- I’ve been trying to figure out how to crochet fruit for like 6 months now, it’s not going well
If you don’t do awards – no problem! Your blog is great though and I’m lovin it 🙂