Last year, I celebrated everything. New job? Champagne! Birthday? Champagne! Seeing my friends for brunch? Champagne!
And it was awesome. From the smallest to largest things, we celebrated and it made everyone feel good. Because why not make every occasion a special occasion? I kind of lost track of celebrating things because I got too busy to even care about my accomplishments. And that’s no way to live, we should all be proud of the things we’ve done and should celebrate them, no matter how big the feat!
Here are some ways to celebrate the little things:
- Get yourself some flowers – buy them in a store, pick a daisy in a field, you deserve some beauty in your life!
- Make your favorite food – indulge a little, I buy Chipotle to celebrate everything and it makes me super happy.
- Give someone a gift – surprising your friends with little presents goes a long way. I sent some of my college friends $5 each on Valentine’s Day to buy a drink or some chocolate for themselves.
- Take a selfie – look good, feel good, show it off!
- Do nothing – give yourself a break, you’ve been working so hard so just binge-watch some Netflix!!
- Pop champagne – doesn’t matter if it’s a $5 bottle (ick) just pop that baby and celebrate!
- Get together with your friends – let them celebrate with you!
- Treat yo self to some new clothes – or whatever item you’ve been storing in your online shopping cart, go ahead and purchase it.
- Call your mom – you KNOW she’s gonna be hyped for you.
- Write down your accomplishments and what you’re grateful for – put some things in perspective and just take a moment to feel good about your life.