Happy blogiversary to me – I’m celebrating 4 years of Rosie Culture! (Well the real day is somewhere between October 20 and 30th but idk). I’m going to give you a brief background history even though I know a lot of you have heard it all before.
I started this blog as a school project for my New Media concentration and it was all about relationships and initially called Hookup Culture. I was a couple months out of a break up and I was with my ex for four years. It was a really nasty break up that left me with a lot of questions that never really got answered. I was thrown head first into single college life and was just trying to navigate it. Now I’m just trying to navigate in a relationship post grad life and I’ve pretty much learned that no matter what stage of life you’re in, there will always be more questions than answers.
On my first blogiversary post I stated that I had 163 followers on WordPress, over 300 likes on Facebook, and 400 followers on Twitter. Now I have almost 3,000 followers on WordPress, over 600 likes on Facebook, and over 1,000 followers on Twitter. Oh yeah and everyone’s become obsessed with this little thing called Instagram that I’ve put A LOT of time in to grow to almost 7,000 followers.
Thank you to everyone and anyone who has read my blog whether this is your first time and you’re like what the heck is this girl talking about, or if you’ve been here all four years (have you? if you have you need to comment here), or if you’ve been here just a few months! This community has gotten me through a lot and I’ve learned a lot about myself along the way, it’s weird to read back and see how much I’ve grown. I’m going to give you 10 fun facts about me in honor of this blogiversary and I hope that you will comment with a fun fact about yourself 🙂
- My real name is Roisin, if you’re from Europe you probably don’t think this is weird but in America it’s pretty weird.
- I have a pet leopard gecko named Lucy and a doggo named Kaya.
- I lived in both Pennsylvania and Georgia when I was around 4 years old and under, but I’ve basically lived in New Jersey my whole entire life.
- I’m a Delta Phi Epsilon Alumna.
- I love to dye my hair. My hair has been purple, blue, pink, brown, red, blonde, black, and green! I’m a natural brunette but honestly don’t know what my natural hair color looks like.
- I like iced coffee or I like lukewarm coffee. Never hot coffee!
- I really like cheesy YA novels, especially if they include vampires.
- My favorite colors are pink and black – they’ve always been included on my blog even as my themes change.
- I love piercings, I have 6 right now but at my peak I had about 9.
- I have a hard time listening to new music, I’m an emo kid at heart and my whole Itunes library is just pop punk from the 2000’s.
Thank you all again for joining me on this journey, leave a fun fact about you below 🙂