I’ve never made a big hub bub about Valentine’s Day, but I don’t see a reason to hate on it. I’d rather just embrace another day to show the people I love that I love them.
That being said, I don’t like to go out on Valentine’s Day, it’s just terrible. I don’t want the overpriced meals, the crowded restaurants, and just the overreaction to the day to have to rush out and do something with your significant other. I’m a homebody and have always preferred to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home or on a different day. And since we’re all kind of confined to our homes together anyway, here are some Valentine’s Day ideas for staying in!
- Make some fun cocktails together
- Rent a movie and make some fancy popcorn
- Turn off the electronics and tackle a board game or puzzle
- Create a scavenger hunt that keeps you away from the busy V Day buzz
- Try out a meal subscription service and cook together (FYI they always have deals to get $$ off your first meal and then you can cancel after…I’ve done like 5 services like this)
- Do the thing you always say you’re going to do together whether it’s just going to a yoga class, booking a trip, or taking a nap.
- Do Valentine’s Day on a different, less busy day.
- Better yet, do Valentine’s Day on a weekend and make a trip of it where you can be a homebody in a hotel room!
- Create a self-care day. You would be surprised how much guys who don’t often soak in a tub or take care of their nails actually enjoy when you take time to do these things with them.
Do you have any Valentine’s Day tips for broke, introverts like me? Leave em below!